Monday 13 July 2009

My work experience

Yesterday I started my job at the Open. I had originally been asked to do waiting tables from Thursday. However, I was asked to work from Sunday to Sunday. I am managing and running the private staff dining area for the R & A Staff. This is an area where staff can 'get away from it all' and have breakfast and also lunch. There is a buffet as well as a hot dish of the day.

I am responsible for attending and waiting on the staff - there is self service but I need to ensure that all areas are stocked up. I also ensure that the coffee is made and kept fresh. Tea and hot water has to be maintained. I also tidy and clear tables and return all dishes to the kitchen.

All items have to be recorded on the till although no money changes hands. I must say that this is physically hard work and I am on the couch with my feet up. My feet are sore even with wearing proper leather shoes - an experience indeed!

It is only 9.30 pm but I am up at 5.00 am tomorrow so it's time for bed!

Goodnight

z . . . .z . . . . z

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila