Tuesday 9 June 2009

This week's challenge!

I am currently working on a claw setting for a client. This is to set a larger crystal pendant which has been damaged but has sentimental value. It has really presented a challenge - in order to set a stone it it is necessary to 'press' the claws up against it. However, this stone is delicate as it has been chipped. I have come up with an ingenious method so as not to damage the crystal further. I have created a 'cross' shaped setting which comprises of two lengths which cross over each other at the back of the stone. I will then solder on a link so that the stone can be suspended from a chain.

I was busy doing this when the phone rang - must go back to my workshop to continue . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila