Wednesday 12 September 2012

To do list

My to do list is never fully 'ticked' off.  Just when I begin to reduce my tasks there are always more to add. 

Although this means that I am always busy I am really glad that I never get all the tasks finished.  That might just mean that I have no orders or work to do for my business.  That would really be a worry!

I also find that I am not always in charge of what needs to be done - I may know what orders I have and also the components that need to be ordered.  I am always aware of my cash flow situation and accounts outstanding.  In fact anything concerning my business is always monitored.

However, when it comes to my domestic situation - now that is a different ball game!  For example, today I chose to work from home as I needed to also do some tasks at home as well as banking.  My son who is at College decided that he was going to the Scotland game at Hampden straight from College.  Of course, he had forgotten that he needed to iron his 'whites' for tomorrow - he's doing catering.

He will not be home till 12.30 am and will need to get up at 6.30 am.  The moral dilemma is: do I iron the said items (which I could do in 5 minutes) or do I leave it to him to start doing tonight or a 6.30 am in the morning.  This of course, would entail a lot of noise with ironing boards etc.

Yes I know he should have done this last night but as this is his first full week I can let him off with it - which means I will do it for him.

Of course he will have to get organised and do this for himself as he really doesn't do that much despite all my training! 

So as I said, my To Do list sometimes has the unpredictable.  As in business you also need to allow 'slippage' time for the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila