Monday 6 September 2010

Car Breakdown! Man takes a tumble!

As I was saying my car had broken down outside of Silverburn Shopping Centre. It was a beautiful night and I had decided that I would go home and sit out in my newly completed garden. Instead I had to wait for the AA to come - so I decided to go for a browse round Tesco. The AA send you a text and let you know when they will arrive so I was able to return to my car around 6.30 pm.

The guy arrived on time at 6.40 pm and began to inspect the said burning (did I forget to say 'smoking' coming from the engine?) He checked the water (which was low) and added water. This is something that should not reduce unless there is a leak apparently. However, he proceeded to tell me that there was no oil! I had just had my car serviced but I just don't check the oil - does anyone?

Well I proceeded to the Tesco Shop to purchased the oil and the AA Guy came after me to see if I had purchased the appropriate oil. He then went back to the car to put in the oil. When I had paid and returned to my car he told me he had taken a tumble! He had tripped on a metal strip on the forecourt and had apparently fallen headlong! He seemed ok but what a night!

Eventually I drove back home and by this time it was after 8 pm - no sitting in the garden for me! So far the car still seems ok so here's hoping!

4 comments:

  1. Aw. Poor guy. Despite his little tumble on metal strip, I think he did a pretty good job in fixing your auto. He immediately detected the problem. But I’m amazed about how you were able to drive around with no oil and water on your car engine! Just ensure that this will not happen again, as this can cause some damage on your engine.

    -Michelina Douglass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I really laughed out loud at the repairman that took the tumble. Haha! On the serious side, although it took time before your car was repaired, the good thing is that it doesn't took you overnight or longer to have the car working again. I guess you spent the next day just being on your new garden. How's the car as of now?


    Regards,
    Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is certainly an unexpected turn of events. It is good that nothing serious happened to your car, or to the AA guy. After your car had been serviced, did you experience anything weird after? In any case, it is a good thing that the AA guy knew exactly what to do with your car. Otherwise, you might have been carless for a few days. By the way, how’s the car now?



    @Tyra Shortino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your repair man was too concentrated on fixing your car to notice the metal strip. I do hope that he is alright though. A repair man like that should be lauded for giving his all in fixing your car despite his minor accident.[Rita McCall]

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila