Sunday 19 April 2009

Wirework

Yesterday I was very busy with some orders where I was using this technique.

I was making a tiara with Swarovski crystals and silver plated wire. I was using a combination of twisting wire and making spirals. The wire is twisted to hold the crystal in place and by a process of adding 'branches' this can create a filigree effect.

Spirals are made by winding the wire around the round nosed pliers. I have also completed a cuff bracelet by using this technique. This image will be uploaded to my website.

I also made a bridal comb using 'silver seed beads' and twisting wire with pearls and crystals. This will be uploaded also.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila