Wednesday, 1 April 2009

the Brooch

Last night I finally completed the brooch. The master arrived back from casting - pretty rough looking. However, the copy is superb. I spent time filing and sanding to clean up the brooch. I then soldered the brooch findings. After pickling (to remove firestain) I then cleaned and polished.

Today I will complete final polishing. this involves polishing using Tripoli which removes surface scratches. Then I clean with warm soapy water. Then I polish with jeweller's rouge. This brings the surface to a highly polished finish.

The brooch will be ready for collection tomorrow.

I have ordered beautiful velvet boxes to complement the work.

I need to work on completion of other orders before having a break for Easter.

S