Sunday 2 October 2016

Luckenbooth inspired commission

'Luckenbooth' inspired pendant


I received an email requesting that I design a pendant inspired by the tradition of the Scottish 'Luckenbooth this was to commemorate a silver wedding anniversary.

By a series of emails with sketches and scale drawings I offered this design to my customer.  The sterling silver large heart has a small crown along the top edge.  A second smaller open heart has been hand cut and soldered on top at an angle.  A tube setting has been soldered into the curve of this heart.  An amethyst gemstone has been set - his wife's birthstone.  She was absolutely thrilled with the pendant and has worn it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila