Thursday 6 August 2009

Ailsa Pendant


Just thought I would post details of my new pendant which I finished before going on holiday. I was inspired by this landmark - the Ailsa Craig. It sits majestically across the sea and can be seen from the Ayrshire coast. It takes different shapes depending on where you are. I have designed my pendant and it is the view from Prestwick that I have chosen.

I cut a piece of rectangular silver and then designed and cut out the Ailsa Craig shape and the two layers of waves. These were then soldered on to the base piece of silver. After the removal of firestain the pendant was filed and polished. A half loop of sterling silver was soldered on to the back to allow the pendant to be suspended on a choker or a silver chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for reading my blog and contributing. I hope you will visit my site and see my work at www.sheilakerrjewellery.com.

Regards
Sheila